Métis Art Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
Fraser Valley Métis Association
Official ART Contest Rules
Art Contest Overview
The Fraser Valley Métis Association will be hosting an Art Contest as a summer event. We are looking for original art in the traditional style of the Métis. The goal of this contest is to collect an assortment of art that will be used on our website. There will be prizes for the winners.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Métis and a member or future member of the Fraser Valley Métis Association.
2. Entrants must be 12 years of age or older
How to Enter
1. Entry online, via e-mail: Art can be sent to fraservalleymétisassociation@gmail.com or
2. Entry in person
a. A date during the first week of September will be selected where your works of art may be dropped off.
b. An arrangement can be made for drop off or pickup by contacting us through e-mail. fraservalleymétisassociation@gmail.com
• By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by Fraser Valley Métis Association in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. Fraser Valley Métis Association reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
• The contest starts on July 22, 2019 and all entries must be received by Fraser Valley Métis Association by 9 pm on September 3, 2019. Fraser Valley Métis Association is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
• On September 4, 2019 several winners will be selected by the Fraser Valley Métis Association Board of Directors from among valid entries.
• In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that the Fraser Valley Métis Association has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration. For those under aged, the winner’s parents will have to give consent.
• It is the intention herein that the Artist retains all ownership and copyright of any art submissions while permitting the Fraser Valley Métis Association non-exclusive use of the Art.
• Fraser Valley Métis Association reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Art Submission Guidelines
1. The Art must be at least 5”x7” or larger.
2. The inspiration for the Art focus will be Métis Culture and History.
3. Looking for paintings, charcoal, pencil/colored pencil sketching or Digital Art that replicates the aforementioned art styles (paintings, charcoal and pencil/colored pencil sketching).
Criteria for Judging
1. Interpretation and the clarity of the theme – Métis Culture and History
2. Creativity and originality
3. Quality of the artistic composition and overall design
4. Overall impression of the art.
All art will be displayed at the Fraser Valley Métis Associations’ Annual General Meeting (AGM) on September 11, 2019.